6.01.2009

I'M BACK!!

I forgot to note that I was going to be out of the country for a little while. A lot of people use "amazing" left and right but truly I had an amazing time in Berlin. What a livable city, and a beautiful underrated language. I also believe that no one actually works a job but everyone lives glamorous non-annoying hipster lives biking around and buying flowers. People party until morning, or until the weekend is over. I ate like a king while there - currywurst, Thai, Turkish, Italian- all on the cheap. Public transit is actually on time, and frequent. The H&Ms kicked our H&Ms' ass all over the place. I bought the cutest black trench coat for spring for half off - it's still full price here and I managed to trade in for my size when I got back. I also picked up a J. Crew knockoff necklace for like 3 euro and a grey top with 100% silk ruffles. I have never seen 100% silk anything for that price point. I picked up the cutest wedges at Zara. All the while, I didn't really spend all that much since I was staying with a friend the entire time. I'm definitely sending a care package...

One thing I don't care for is an American who is living/studying abroad who talks crap about America. Give me a break. Just because you are "in Budapest at the moment" does not keep you from being lame. You are a tourist as you have not learned more than seven words of Hungarian and you hang out with other Americans at places where you can order drinks in English. I have little room to say much as I don't really like my job and I have no idea what to do with my life, but I will afford myself that!

So I'm on a ban right now, like everybody else in the world. I realized the other day that I don't wear a lot of the stuff I buy off of eBay even though they're great pieces. I have tons and tons of clothes, and they all kind of look the same. It's sick. I just want to have a giant garage/yard sale, except I don't have a garage/yard. Does anyone else feel that way?

More later!

No comments: