3.17.2009

DAILY ONLINE BEAT

I'm kind of cheating because I rely on Google Reader to get my blog fix, which means instead of 20 different sites showing up on my browsing history, there's only one. You can find those sites on the right in my blogroll "Style Files." I also read the Consumerist regularly, and Perez Hilton when my boss comes into my office to rehash celebrity gossip. I try not to read the news because it's so easy to get caught up in divided politics and a tormented economy, which really affect my mood. I catch up with the week in The Economist, and listen to NPR in the mornings. Sometimes, I'll spend half an hour clicking on random articles in Wikipedia and be constantly amazed. Once or twice a day, I indulge in surfing The Purse Forum for online deals/steals and ebay/bonanzle selling advice. I frequent ebay and bonanzle themselves, conducting random searches like "silk ruffles" or "vintage rhinestones." I limit myself to checking Google Finance and my stock portfolio to once or twice a week. I don't want to obsess over it. I have a lot of free time at work, which I want to channel towards writing fiction rather than aimlessly surfing all of the above. Easier said than done, however!

No comments: